Thursday, June 9, 2011

Throw Quilt

Throw Quilt by Duck Tales
Throw Quilt, a photo by Duck Tales on Flickr.
Triangles on white with a lovely Asian fabric backing, I love this fabric and have had it for a while, found it really hard to put into a quilt because I didn't want to cut it. so here it is on the back of a very basic quilt.
I did this by putting a white square on the coloured one and sewing corner to corner twice and cutting down the middle. Using charm squares to make it quicker.
Quilted very quickly maybe a little too quickly on my Aurora 440. I do battle with quilting it really hurts my shoulders so this one was done fast so the hurt would finish.
I really enjoyed making this little quilt and it looks quite nice on a single bed. I just could not find a good matching binding fabric in my stash so eventually went with a Kaffe Fasset green and blue - I think it is okay but not really terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment