Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lilac Time Quilt

Lilac Time Quilt by Duck Tales
Lilac Time Quilt, a photo by Duck Tales on Flickr.
Finished in rush, my daughter is arriving for a visit this weekend so I wanted to have this little throw quilt ready for her to match her new purple lounge.
I did this with two sets of charm squares. Nine patch then cut into four I think it is called a crazy nine patch not sure. Easy to do I spent time trying to make sure that all the squares were in a good position using the ones with the lovely leaves and flowers as the squares that would not be cut.
Even though I did this i can see that some of the same squares did end up together - I like to call that artistry.
The first border is a black 1 1/2 inch strip and I bought an extra yard of the beautiful lilac on green fabric for the second border, back to the muted colour with olive green for the binding. I backed it with all the bits and pieces left over from the quilt. I used a cotton batting and it is quite soft and cuddly.
I just love the colours in this fabric line the greens and mauve got me in immediately, it is called 'Lilac Time by Moda'.


,

No comments:

Post a Comment