Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Gridlock Quilt

I am making a Gridlock quilt from Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  I just love the book it is so nice just to look through that alone attempt all the blocks.
I have been working on this for some time and now I am I suppose getting up to half way there.  Or maybe not.
I have searched my stash again and again looking for fabrics that will sit well in this quilt.  The quilt shown in Tula Pink's book is lovely and done with her fabrics, sadly I could not stretch to that at this time so mine is a mix of goodness knows what.  So 100 blocks all very interesting and fiddly to cut and to sew for that matter. Such a great quilt to take on as a project.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the process so far even though it has been stretched over months while I have had other things on the go.  But that is about normal to me, I usually have a hand sewing item for the chair in front of the TV, and a couple of machine quilts on the go.
This is my very first fully trimmed block.
Maybe I should have taken the photo on a base that is not quite so telling, but I am sure it is square I have checked 3 times !!
So onto the next lot to sew together. Hope to see the end result sooner rather than later, although then I will have to be onto the next one and I have not thought that through well enough yet. I must show you my latest hand sewing project, will do that soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment