Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blue Hippo Quilt

Blue Hippo Quilt by Blue Wren Stitching
Blue Hippo Quilt, a photo by Blue Wren Stitching on Flickr.
This was fun to make with the pieces of Michael Miller 'Baby' and some of the plain colours mixed in.
I have machined the binding for the very first time and I am pleased with the result. it was almost like crossing over a line when I decided to not hand sew the binding. It is something that I always thought was the only way to go to set off the quilt.
Now after reading blogs and seeing lovely finished quilts that have been machined I relented and this is the outcome.
I have backed the quilt with lemon home spun and added some of the patchwork.
This is a small size quilt as well.
I made it to fit in prams and car seats that type of size. Also a good size to take to the supermarket for the trolley.

No comments:

Post a Comment